Date:      Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:33:41 +0200
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de problem

> On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Joe McGuckin wrote:
>

> > If I unplug the ethernet cable form the DE card in my machine, the
> > interface goes dead and stays dead - even after the cable has been plugged
> > back in.
> >
> > I've seen this with BAY and Kingston de cards.
>
> If you're running version which supports 'media' flags to the interface,
> then manually run ifconfig to select the proper media (de driver tries
> autoselecting other media in case of link failure, and doesn't autosense
> when the proper link goes up again). If not, try doing ifconfig de0 down,
> then up - at least this helps in my case...

Hi,

How do I tell which version I have, and if I have the right version
how do I tell it to use the proper media?

Thanks,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl