Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:46:51 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Friday 01 June 2012 03:29:40 Thomas Mueller wrote:

> I ddon't see any advantage in FreeBSD 8.x or earlier.

Well, I still see complains about a few quirks in 9 here in the list,
specially after certain src updates.

Re:Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148
Re: kern/168190: [pf] panic when using pf and route-to (maybe: bad fragment
handling?)
Re: ULE/sched issues on stable/9 - why isn't preemption occurring?
Etc ..

To me, something like pf (specially route-to!) is critical and for the moment,
I wouldn't touch my rock-solid-down-to-the-micro-second perfect production
firewall 8-STABLE server for nothing, if the aim is such a role.

I think that distribution set size is just not a very strong argument.

OTOH, if the aim is just experimenting, that's another story.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br