Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 03:30:40 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The curtain is going down on 2.1-stable in 5 days!

On Nov 8,  2:09am, "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
} Subject: The curtain is going down on 2.1-stable in 5 days!
}
} So.  David and I have decided that next Tuesday, the 12th of November,
} would be an excellent time to start putting FreeBSD 2.1.6 to bed, and
} if you've got any critical bug fixes or security problems to report in
} 2.1-stable, now would be an excellent time to raise them before it's
} too late.

Security:
	the rwhod buffer overflow patch that's been circulating lately

Bug fix:
	The de driver doesn't work especially well with the SMC 9332
	10/100 card.  About one in ten times, it is initialized to some
	funny state at boot time that causes the fault light on its
	hub to flash and all the HP-UX boxes on that hub to shut down
	their network interfaces.  The de driver swiped from from -current
	a few weeks ago and butchered so that compiles under -stable seems
	to work perfectly.  Judging by some of the comments in that version
	of the driver, I suspect this problem may affect other cards with
	the DC21140.

			---  Truck