Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:03:58 -0500
From:      Michael Meissner <meissner@cygnus.com>
To:        Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
Cc:        "Ed P." <edp@shell1.eznet.net>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ragnar_Wisl=F8ff?= <ragnar.wisloff@asker.online.no>, AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Order of detection of scsi controllers

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:01:50AM +0000, Ken Seefried wrote:

> Does this work if the drivers are compiled into the kernel, or only if they
> are loadable modules?

Only if they are modules.  What I did was compile the driver of the scsi
adapter that has the boot disks on it into the kernel, and made modules of the
other one, in order to work with multiple versions of the kernel.  I also do
the same thing for ethernet controllers if I have more than one make in my
box.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304