Date:      17 Sep 1997 09:35:04 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        itojun@itojun.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portlint check to dependency pathname

itojun@itojun.org writes:

> >> asami       1997/09/16 23:29:26 PDT
> >>   Modified files:
> >>     math/femlab          Makefile
> >>   Log:
> >>   Typo in dependency (X11/libsx -> x11/libsx).
> >Whoops. Could portlint maybe check for this kind of error?
>
> 	mmm.
> 	I'd like to avoid hard-coding name of port directory (x11/libsx,
> 	for example) into portlint.  I may be able to check if there's
> 	directory named ../../x11/libsx.  Is it enough for you?

Normally I'm testing new ports in /tmp, without the rest of the ports
system near. How about parsing *_DEPENDS? The second part (after the
colon) is supposed to be a directory name. You could simply replace
/usr/ports for ${PORTSDIR}. At least I could live with that.

BTW, thanks for the absolute path check.

tg