Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:10:21 +0200
From:      Rink Springer <rink@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Intron is my alias on the Internet <intron@intron.ac>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [usb2] new usb stack and suser in CURRENT

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 09:59:09PM +0800, Intron is my alias on the Internet wrote:
> How soon will the new USB stack be committed to the main source tree?
> Since it can peacefully co-exist with the old one in a source tree,
> why not commit it at once?
> For a driver writer/porter, a "standard" version of the new USB stack
> is needed for compiling/debugging.

The main problem was that the new stack would be imported just days
after the new TTY layer was committed, which caused a lot of resistance
(which makes sense, as debugging problems would become much harder). I
believe Alfred, who would be doing the import, went on vacation a few
weeks after.

Personally, since we have the new TTY layer for some time now, I think
it would be good if Alfred (CC'ed) would attempt to request this import
again, if his time permits.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Anyway boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes doesn't