Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 1995 21:36:24 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, gena@netvision.net.il
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, root@io.cts.com
Subject:   Re: Error building xvnews, cuserid?

>Damn , i forgot about this libcompat thing...
>When i ported xvnews i just wrote this function by myself.
>It took me exactly the same time as to above command to finish :-) ( almost )

>I did 'man cuserid' and got nothing , so i was sure that cuserid does not
>exists in FreeBSD.

cuserid() should probably still have a man page and be declared in
<unistd.h> and/or <stdio.h>.  It was in a draft POSIX standard but
was dropped from the final standard because there were several
incompatible versions of it in use and it is easy to implement
using other standard functions.

>Seriously , what this libcompat is doing, and do we have some sort of
>manpage for it?

It has compatibility cruft :-).  We have a manpage for regexp(3) but
it doesn't say that regexp is in libcompat.

Bruce