Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:22:26 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.)
To:        r4nj1t@xs4all.nl
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble with "if_fxp.ko" kernel module ?

Ranjit <r4nj1t@xs4all.nl> wrote:

!I ran into this myself.
!
!From rom /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC
!
!# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
!# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these
!NICs!
!device          miibus          # MII bus support
!device          bfe             # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Ethernet
!device          bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
!device          dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
!device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557,
!82558)
!
!It won't work without miibus.

Right... That's why I issued the commands:

	kldload miibus.ko
	kldload if_fxp.ko

to get the reported result.
--
Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.	<mailto:rafege@mail.com>
Please do not send me HTML-encoded mail.