Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:20:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: secure-supfile ?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I have never written a man page and
> have no experience with troff, but here is my take at a README file
> for /etc/defaults:
> This directory contains default configuration files for various
> purposes. They should never be modified by system administrators.
>
> If you want to make changes to these files, simply create or edit a
> file of the same name in /etc to contain only the items you need to
> change. Any items in a file in /etc will override the values for an
> identical item in the file in /etc/defaults.

Perhaps an additional note that says:

WARNING!  If you copy the entire rc.conf file to /etc, YOUR SYSTEM WILL NO
LONGER BOOT.

All:  What do people think of this idea?  Or should this be going to -doc
(which I'm not subscribed to)?

--
Bob <melange@yip.org> | "Villain, I have done thy mother"
			- Shakespeare, Titus Andronicus, act IV, scene II