Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:50:51 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please help me diagnose this crazy VMWare/FreeBSD 8.x crash

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:20:26 -0500, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Are you still seeing this, and if so can you get a crashdump?  Also, I'm
> curious if you only see this with SUJ or if plain UFS+SU works fine?

The crash on demand right now is producable on 8.x and 9.x, so SUJ isn't a
requirement. Also, there is no crashdump available. The OS just hangs and
stops taking input. There's no panic or coredump or anything of the like.
You just have to nuke the VM and re-boot it back up.

And for the record we can't reproduce this crash in Xen...