Date:      Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:48:45 -0800
From:      Network Operations Center <noc@1command.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel but no SMP detected on Tyan S2515

---------8<--[snip]----8<---[snip]--8<-----

>> One other point, the cpus are both PIII SL52R (1000/256/133/1.75V), but
>> they don't appear to be a matched pair (one is made in Malay, the other
>> somewhere else - the heatsink is over it...) would this matter?

FWIW the place of creation won't be the issue, but rather the sSPEC
( SL52R, in your case). This determines what vocabulary (instruction set) the
CPU posesses and any other (mis)features that were incorporated into
it, as well
as date inception. So, so long as the two CPU's carry the same sSPEC,
are fully
functional, and are compatible with the BIOS/ motherboard, FreeBSD (SMP) will
find/ suppoprt them. Just thought I'd throw that in. :)

Best wishes.