Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:18:32 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
To:        Joao Carlos <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vpn

> Please i have done a VPN ... [snip]

Sorry.  Don't know about this; somebody else, please... ?

> In the boot manager, in machines with NT and BSD, one of the options (the NT
> one) gets ?? as a label. Can i change that???

Yup.  You have two options:

  (1) Install a boot manager other than "Booteasy".  I have used OS-BS,
    which is available as

    	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/osbs*

    It works fine, and it recognizes more partition IDs than Booteasy
    does.

  (2) Hack Booteasy!  The sources are at

  	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/srcs/bteasy/

    You could, for example, use something similar to bootinst.c to tell
    you the "system ID" of your NT partition and then add an entry in
    the translation table in boot.asm to print out an appropriate
    message.

HTH,
  Lucas
--