Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 1997 11:41:07 -0500
From:      Brad Dewey <sensi@erols.com>
To:        A James Lewis <james@vrtx.net>
Cc:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHA-2930 with Linux?

A James Lewis wrote:

> I have yet to hear about a 2930, what are the specs?  The 2920 is a
> actually a Future Domain chipset and seems to work OK...

Specs? well, I have yet to find ANY spec sheets that came with the card.
I actually had to call Adaptec sales and pretend like I wanted to buy
one to find out what the chipset is. They say it's not a 7850 but a
7860. And try as I might I have yet to get Linux to recognize it. They
said that otherwise it's basically like the 2940AU except it's setup for
windows and dos. Then again this was some sales lady who was having
trouble pronouncing Linux!!!  I'm hoping this isn't adaptec's version of
the winmodem. Yank out half the chips and set it up as software.  right
now it's working great in windows *puke*.

Is there a HOWTO for aic7xxx's ? Would someone be willing to email me
one or point me to a URL? I can't seem to find one if there is.

Thanks again
Brad Dewey