Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: $diety, I hate natd.

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Matt Dillon wrote:

>     Judicious use of ktrace on the natd process coupled with tcpdump on
>     various interfaces might shed some light on your problem.  You should
>     at least be able to determine whether natd is getting the packets and
>     perhaps even tell where the packets are being crunched.

Gotta pickup the SO at the airport soon, but I'll look at this more
tonight.  I've ran natd in verbose mode, and see the incoming packets get
to ${oip}:8080, and 'diverted' to ${iip}:80.  At least, that's what natd
says...  but tcpdump on the internal interface shows no traffic
passed.  So it seems the packets get to the machine, and are diverted
to the bit bucket at present.

Tonight I should have time to put together something with all my fw rules,
etc. for more insight into the problem (already had, when my DSL
connection at home went down leaving that email null and void...  glad
it's friday! ;).

Later,
-Mike

--
 Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.