Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:18:57 +0100
From:      Dimitri Aivaliotis <dna@everyware.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 install hangs after menu

Kathy-

Please reply to the list, not me personally.  Others may have the same problems, and can only benefit from an answer posted to the list.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:54:03 +0800
"Kathy Quinlan" <kat-free@kaqelectronics.dyndns.org> wrote:

<much unneccesary detail snipped - see earlier posts>

> So, perhaps the media/build you have are corrupted.  Which 5.2 are you
> trying to install? RELEASE, CURRENT?
>
> 5.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

Can you download and try 5.2-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso?

We'll see if there's a difference - if so, then it lies with the iso image (did you check the md5sum before burning?).

- Dimitri