Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:30:36 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RFC: Big Makefile patch for WARNS settings

Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> What I noticed is that the patch sets WARNS?=3D0 for a lot of utilities,
> which actually have higher WARNS-compliance.

WARNS level 0 is the current default.  All Ulrich's patch does is
reverse the logic so that WARNS is 6 by default and anything that didn't
already set WARNS explicitly sets it to 0, so the actual value of WARNS
in each Makefile is the same as before.  This is orthogonal to actually
fixing whatever doesn't currently build at a higher WARNS level.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no