Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:35:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Jarrod Sayers <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.4rc4 ISO image download successful...

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Kenneth Mays wrote:

> Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:05:30 -0400
> From: Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
> To: stable@freebsd.org
> Subject: 4.4rc4 ISO image download successful...
>
> Hi,
>
> 1. Downloaded the 4.4RC4 ISO image for IA-32 successfully at 09/06/01 20:30
> EST (USA).
>
> 2. The download directory for the Alpha at
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/4.4-RC4/
> is messed up. Does not look similar to the 4.4-RC2 directory.
>
> Wish list: Why can't we compress the ISO? We can zip it or whatever.
>
> Ken
> 4.4rc4

Compressing the image isn't going to lower the size that much as its
already full of compressed files, it'll probably only take off no more
than 40mb.

I like the concept that NetBSD uses where the installer is on one CD,
around 80ish meg and then CD's for the packages are extra.  Though having
it all on one CD is great for new installs, maybe a second ISO could be
released without packages for those who do binary upgrades on machines and
dont need the extra stuff on the CD.

Just my AU$0.02 worth.

Jarrod Sayers
Information Technologist
School of Communication, Information and New Media
University of South Australia, Magill Campus.
Phone: +61 8 83024045
Fax: +61 8 83024745