Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 95 13:58:48 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, fenner@parc.xerox.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: fsck trashes / if no /lost+found?

[ ... lost+found not created by default ... ]

> >Time to add the appropriate part to newfs(8)?
>
>    I asked Kirk about this and he said "no". I might still have the email
> around somewhere.

I still think his arguments are only valid for the log structured FS.

There is also the problem of archivers ignoring inode 3 the same way
they ignore inode 1 (which used to be the free list).  At the *very*
least, inode 3 ought to be preallocated or unallocable.

I'm sure you probably have my reply lurking around as well in case I
brought it up at some future date.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.