Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:50:57 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        SUZUKI Koichi <metal@gc5.so-net.ne.jp>
Cc:        dan@langille.org, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG, fwkg7679@mb.infoweb.ne.jp
Subject:   Re: Chipset SiS735 / NIC SiS 900 - PR kern/30836

SUZUKI Koichi wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> [Cc-ed to Mr.Kurosawa <fwkg7679@mb.infoweb.ne.jp>, the patch author]
>
> I replied to Dan's DM last night.
> But I haven't read this mail (and followed mail) in -stable ML yet.
>
> Dan Langille wrote:
>  > It appears I am not the first to buy a K7S5A motherboard (an SiS 735
>  > chipset) with integrated NIC.  I can't get my NIC to work either.
>
> I have a K7S5A either.
> As I mentioned in the follow-up to kern/30836,
> I can use this On-Board NIC with Mr.Kurosawa's patch.
> I have been using this patch for more than one month on 4-stable.
> (I have updated my machine about once a week.)
>
>    http://homepage2.nifty.com/tkuro/archive/if_sis.diff
>
> But it seems that the problem of the media type detection
> on 10BaseT Network that Jon-Erik Lido reported in the follow-up
> still remains. :-(
>
> I have no idea in details about hardware,
> but I'd like to help you for testing.

As you can see, it works on my system, which is a Amptron 830LM and is
based on the SiS-735. The MAC address is what the motherboard
documentation tells me it should be.

sis0: <SiS 900 10/100BaseTX> port 0xb800-0xb8ff mem
0xcffcd000-0xcffcdfff irq 5 at device 3.0 on pci0
sis0: Ethernet address: 00:d0:09:d7:58:60
miibus0: <MII bus> on sis0

sis0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether 00:d0:09:d7:58:60
        status: active

I temporarily hooked up that connector for simple testing. I can ping
it from my other computers. I don't have a firewall connection setup
for it and have downed the NIC rather than setup the rest of the
networking.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart