Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 13:41:33 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound/kernel problems on ThinkPad X23

I just updated my ThinkPad X23 from FreeBSD 4.7-RC to 4.8;
I had previously not had sound compiled into my kernel.

The update itself went fine, but during the boot process
I ran into a wall as follows:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x2483) at 31.3 irq 11
pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3)> irq 11 at device 31.5 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map IO port space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

At which point it completely freezes to the point where I
have to pull the battery to reboot and swap back to the
original kernel.

Can someone tell me (a) how to fix this, and also preferably
(b) how to get sound working?

Thanks very much.

Jesse Sheidlower