Date:      27 Nov 2002 11:21:56 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@xfoil.gank.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Testers needed for if_ex multicast patch

The attached patch adds multicast support for the ex (Intel EtherExpress
10/PRO 10 ISA and pccard) driver.  I ported this from the NetBSD driver
so I could do IPv6 on my 486 router at home ;).  It also seems that the
original ex might not have completely supported promiscuous mode, but
that should be functional as well now.

I'd appreciate if it some people who have one or more of these cards
could test it and make sure it doesn't break anything.  If you're using
multicast routing or IPv6 and can give it a try in those environments to
make sure it works as advertised, that would be even better.  It seems
to work fine on my cards which are mostly ISA Intel Pro/10s (00:aa:00)
and a Pro/10+ (00:a0:c9).

The patch should be applied in the sys/dev/ex directory.  Please send me
reports of any problems, no matter how small, along with your board type
and version if available, and the first three MAC address octets.  Code
improvements are of course welcome also :)

I've tried to match the style of the rest of the ex driver.  I don't
think the driver is quite style(9) compliant, but I wanted to keep the
patch as simple as possible.

I'll give it a week or two of testing and then submit to Matthew Dodd
for his review after code freeze is over.

Thanks!

Craig Boston