Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2023 01:33:17 +0000
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
Cc:        Dmitry Salychev <dsl@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pinephone Pro

On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 08:38:00AM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2023, Dmitry Salychev wrote:
>
> > > I think you should be prepared to build your own image.
> > > With FreeBSD it is not very difficult (I find it easier than in
> > > the Linux world).
> > >
> > > Marcin
> > >
> > > [[End of S/MIME Signed Part]]
> >
> > I'd take their device tree and try to boot GENERIC kernel for arm64 in
> > order to get an idea which drivers are missing:
> >
> > # dmesg | grep "no driver" | grep -v "disabled"
> >
> > Pete, are you going to keep your findings somewhere? I don't have
> > PinePhone Pro at the moment, but would like to follow and can support
> > with customizing your kernel.
>
> Now thinking about getting one, too.. Maybe wiki.freeebsd.org could be the place
> to keep notes?

So i'm on holiday this week, and by some miracle i've been staying away
from my computers :)

i think using wiki.freebsd.org is a great place to start logging
progress, it was super helpful when we started the linux-drm work.

i looked at the linux build notes from earlier in this thread though and
think we have a good starting place.  i'll let y'all know how it goes if
i find myself with some time to hack later this week - and will start up
a wiki page if one doesn't already exist.

cheers!
-pete

--
Pete Wright