Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:48:04 -0600
From:      Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Rothenberg <rothenberg@automationonline.com>
Subject:   RE: EMACS for FBSD?

If you have the CDs, it's in the packages collection on the first disk. Look
under editors.

Otherwise, look in the packages directory for your version of FreeBSD on

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

For FreeBSD 3.2, download this file

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE/packages/editors/emacs-20.3.tg

and, as root, run "pkg_add" on it

	% pkg_add emacs-20.3.tgz

-Charles