Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2018 21:04:21 +0100
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Karli_Sj=c3=b6berg?= <karli@inparadise.se>, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
Subject:   Re: Linux NFS client and FreeBSD server strangeness

I also see this behavior between Linux and FBSD.

Yep my server does run ZFS however, when using FreeBSD as a client I am
able to use NFSv4 without any problem however, with Linux I get many
timeouts so I switched to v3 which gives smoother performance at least
on the read side. It is however, not possible to use the FBSD machine as
an nfs /home directory as the Linux client will lock up and wait for a
long time while certain files from Window Managers etc.... get
written/read. For this reason I switched over to using iscsi and a ZFS udev.

I think I posted a similar topic ages ago but got no response. It would
be interesting to see the cause for this. I have a hunch it could be
something to do with the nfs implementation of Linux but it is just pure
conjecture on my side.

Regards,

Kaya