Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 00:24:57 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gljohns@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound problems

I have a Sound Blaster 16 card that works fine. I compiled xpat2 from the
ports collection and enabled sound in the src/Imakefile file. I used the
X-sound_SUN.o SOUNDOBJECT. Now, everything worked fine with -current
10-22-97-SNAPSHOT but not with the -current 120897-SNAPSHOT. The problem I am
seeing is that after a sound is played in xpat2, I hear a high pitched
continuous tone emitted from the sound card that can only be stopped by
shutting down xpat2. I have not had this problem with any other application,
but as I said I did not have the problem at all with a previous snapshot. I
hope this is the proper list. Thanks and Happy Holidays!
--
Glenn Johnson
gljohns@bellsouth.net