Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:11:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, "current@FreeBSD.org" <current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: plug aue ethernet goes to panic

device_set_ivars is always called (in usbd_probe_and_attach) with as an
argument a stack variable. Also, the ivar is not stored or anything in
the if_aue.c driver. So this problem sounds like a problem in revisions
of various files.

Please check that your kernel modules kernel are in sync. Do this by
rebuilding the kernel and the modules from scratch.

Also, after you've installed your kernel check that all your kernel
files have been updated. Do you by any chance have a stale /modules or
/boot/modules directory lying around? You should have only kernel
modules in /boot/kernel*/ and NOT in /modules* or /boot/modules*.

If the problem persists, please mail me the output of

	ident /sys/dev/usb/*.[ch]
	find /modules /boot -type f -ls

Thanks.

Nick