Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 21:58:52 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@versys.net>
To:        Sergey Perfiliev <secure21@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBsd Install problems

Sergey Perfiliev wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Thank you for your reply!

Welcome :-)

> I have since tried "a floppy install 3 times! (many hours each)"  It goes up
> to 99% and says that it cannot recognize the drive!

My scenario was the same.  Now I'm not saying more RAM will not help
here, but after finally giving up on the install and moving the drive
into a more up to date machine to accomplish it, I realised that
although the IRQ was dead on the I/O value was out. After running the
DOS setup on both of the DLink DE528CT ISA cards I installed and giving
them different values and configuring the same, they performed as they
should.

> Does it still look like more memory is needed?  I also answered all your
> questions - just in case it can hint something.

What I don't understand is it not recognising the drive.  This could be
a result of not having enough memory.  I am copying back to the list for
more diverse input on the matter.

--
  Regards,

  Kevin G. Eliuk