Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:10:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
To:        seggers@semyam.dinoco.de (Stefan Eggers)
Cc:        igor@physics.uiuc.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: T440BX and Symbios Logic* 53C875JBE

> > my two main concerns are:
> >
> > 1. Conflict between integrated PCI Cirrus Logic* GD 5480 graphics
> > controller and AGP graphics controller plugged into the AGP slot.
>
> Doesn't it turn off the built in hardware if there is a card in some
> PCI slot or in this case the AGP slot?  But that you better ask the
> person who sells it or the manufacturer.

Thanks for all responses.
I just received an answer from the Intel's engineer (on Intel's forum),
which might be useful to someone.
IgoR

================8< ===========================================

From
               Hal G <support@mailbox.intel.com>
Date Sent
               Mon, 03 Aug 1998 13:09:57 -0700
Subject
               Re: T440BX and disabling PCI controller in BIOS
Organization
               Intel Internet Technical Support - 300001

 Igor wrote:

 > I wonder if it is possible to disable the Cirrus Logic controller
 > using BIOS or such.
 > I've read a response how it's possible to disable it
 > in Windows, but I would be using this computer with FreeBSD or some
 > other Unix or Unix-like OS, and would prefer to use the AGP card I have.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Igor
 >
 > PS. I am curious: what is the reason of having an integrated [PCI] graphics
 > controller (with limited RAM!) and AGP slot at the same time ?

 Igor,

 I do not know of a way to disable the Cirrus Logic controller in
 UNIX.

 You cannot disable it in BIOS or the SSU.

 --
 Hal G
  Intel Internet Support Engineer