Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:57:42 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        peter.lai@uconn.edu
Cc:        chu@gpi.ru
Subject:   Re: docs/40196: man find does not describe -follow

"Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net> writes:
> -follow works on the command line. Is it just another method to
> invoke -H?  I find it strange that the only mention of -follow is in
> the STANDARDS section, since that's not the most intutitive place to
> look for it (yes, I did read it); I guess the misspelling threw me
> off since there's no -h option (only -H) :) Shouldn't we at least
> put in a line for -follow saying "another name for -H"?

It isn't "another name for -H", and the reason why is explained in the
STANDARDS section.  Please read it again.

If you insist on documenting -follow, make sure to

 - document it in the correct section (PRIMARIES, not DESCRIPTION)
 - note that it does not behave like other primaries do
 - note that it should not be used except for compatibility reasons
 - also document -depth and -xdev in the same manner

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no