Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:55:07 +0900
From:      takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, nsouch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aladdin chipset SMBus support available!

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9902141208450.13678-100000@janus.syracuse.net>, Brian
 Feldman wrote:

>> >Where's my detect.c? I think you forgot to attach it :)
>>
>> :) here it is!
>
>alpm0: <AcerLabs M15x3 Power Management Unit> rev 0x00 on pci0.3.0
>alsmb0: <Aladdin IV/V/Pro2 SMBus controller>
>smbus0: <System Management Bus> on alsmb0
>smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
>
>{"/home/green/examples"}$ ./detect
>a2 found.

This is DIMM(with SPD).
#./spd 1
will show your DIMM infomation.

>d2 found.

I want to know about this address. SMBus in my  motherboard will hang
up when I issue RECV_BYTE method for this port.

>> BTW, as outlined by -pkh all this is just a first step in a huge monitoring
>> adventure where all still need to be _defined_ (architecture and interfaces)
>> and implemented. Any proposition for doing the job is wellcome,
>> since I just have enough time to do the hardware SMBus support.
>
>Sounds like fun....

I think so too.
/dev/smb? should not be used in casual use,because it is dangerous,as
banging I/O port.I want to discuss about the interface. Where did he
wrote it?

Takanori Watanabe
Public Key</a>
Key fingerprint =  2C 51 E2 78 2C E1 C5 2D  0F F1 20 A3 11 3A 62 2A