Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2021 12:50:27 -0500
From:      John Jasen <jjasen@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Navdeep Parhar <navdeep@chelsio.com>
Subject:   Chelsio cards, jumbo frames, memory fragmentation and performance in FreeBSD 13.x?

--0000000000006acd8305d2418be2

Pretty close to two years ago, we tripped across conditions where heavily
used FreeBSD 11.x packet-filter firewalls would slow to a crawl and load
would go crazy.

In a fit of hopefulness with our upgrade to FreeBSD 13.0, I removed the
hw.cxgbe.largest_rx_cluster settings we put in place -- only to have our
hardest hit firewall experience high load and plummeting bandwidth within a
few hours.

So, I have two questions -- is there a better fix for this? Or, is the
approach to set largest_rx_cluster to 4k and move on?

Thanks in advance!

--0000000000006acd8305d2418be2--