Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 15:53:39 -0400
From:      Chris Chizk <781185@ican.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem questions

I am trying to set up may macine to dial into my isp and when using the
ppp command I get an error message Device not configured and gives the
device name. In the ppp case it is cuaa1 but this has happened for other
devices aswell. What besides the obvious does this mean?  How can I
configure a device?  This does not seem to be related to the MAKEDEV
script b/c i have attempted to make a device and it does not solve the
problem...  Also, is there a command that either lists all configured
devices or all the devices that the machine can detect?
Thanks in advance for any answer.
CLC.