Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2012 11:52:14 +0200
From:      Johan van Selst <johans@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mk macros & print/texinfo/distinfo variant SHA256 SIZE

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

Hi Julian,

Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> A 9.0-RELEASE ports fails on
> 	cd print/texinfo ; make fetch
> unless one imports newer values from current,

I copied the versions used by this port to my own server to prevent this
failure, specificially for the case that the primary sources updates the
files.

The old files should still be retrievable from ftp.stack.nl if they are
modified on the GNU servers. Maybe this secondary server was temporarily
unavailable?

That said, it is generally a good idea to keep your ports tree
up-to-date, rather than to stick with a static snapshort ports tree
=66rom the release date.

Regards,
Johan

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl