Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:38:29 -0700
From:      "Daniel McKee" <danielmc@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dialup PPP problems with FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE

Hello.  For some reason, I can't seem to get the settings right for BSD to
link-up with my ISP (Pacbell Internet).  Here's my config;
my IP: dynamicly addressed to me
gateway: also dynamicly addressed to me? (Windows 95 reports to me that my
gateway ip is the same as mine) (but with UNIX it reports a 206.171.138.2
to me? )
my dns ip (the only one that stays the same) 206.13.31.12
my hostname usually looks something like
(danielmc-dialupPPP-?.?.?.?.pacbell.net) or something like that

ok, can you help me with what settings to set in what file, and what I am
doing wrong? I can get packets going back and forth between me and my
server, but the DNS does NOT resolve any names, but I can ping anything by
IP....  and after about 3 mins, routed, gives me this funky error and
shutsdown my IP and closes the connection.....
PLEASE HELP...thanks.... (Oh, and if it helps any, my PPP account works
fine in win 95)

thanks

danielmc@pacbell.net