Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:39:52 -0400
From:      ilcooper@mediaone.net
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem setting root password on 4.4-RC4 install.

System: Intel L440GX+ 2xPII-800 2GB RAM, IDE CD/HD, ftp used to install.

	At the end of a custom install of "User" and ports I tried to set
the root password and the TTY seemed to wedge.  I don't have any time to
track this down so I just rebooted the machine using vty4 and set the
password myself.  Also in this case /etc/rc.conf was not installed, though
with the earlier failure that didn't surprise me.

	The machine is up and running right now, though I haven't rebuilt
world and enabled SMP yet.

	-Ira