Date:      Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:19:19 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <christopher@schulte.org>
To:        Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice Please

Check the archives, this questions comes up often.

Generally, read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
and /usr/src/UPDATING after your source tree has been
updated.  /usr/src/UPDATING should contain most common 'gotcha' type
issues.  Read it carefully.

Again, check the archives.  Many fine posts are there for you to use.