Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:40:25 +0900
From:      Masafumi Watari <watari@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question with /usr/src/release/sysinstall/install.cfg

Hi all, I have two questions.  Please help me out.

I am trying to make a customized bootable CD, using the

	/usr/src/release/sysinstall/install.cfg

I have succeeded in making one, but I've noticed that my CD would not
work on all machines, of course, because the disks are not the same.
I was wondering if there was a way that to automatically detect the
disk using install.cfg so that I can use it on any machine that I
want to install.  Currently, my install.cfg looks like something
like this:

	disk=da0	#I don't want to limit only to da0
	partition=all
	bootManager=boot
	diskPartitionEditor
	da0s1-1=ufs 409600 /		#here also
	da0s1-2=swap 2045000 none
	da0s1-3=ufs 0 /usr

--
Another question is that I want to include some original files in my CD.
How can I do this?  When I do a 'make release', I get

	/FREEBSD/R/cdrom/{disk1,disk2}

It does not seem to add my files in my install.iso by just placing it in
one of the above directories before running 'mkisofs'.  Would I have to
'cvs add' the file to my local Repository?  And if so, would I need to
place a tag if I 'make release' with the RELEASETAG set?

Any suggestion, comments are greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in Advance,

Masafumi Watari
watari@sfc.wide.ad.jp