Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 1995 11:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Deborah Bennett <deborah@gallifrey.microunity.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Handbook, Chapter 5 (Reconfiguring the Kernel)

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995, Deborah Bennett wrote:

> I would like to contribute at least a start to this chapter.
> I am about to review the procedure (which I have done before)
> and write some scripts anyway, and I'm pretty good at documenting
> this kind of stuff, and I've done it before (internal how-to documents
> at Sun when I was there).
>
> Do you have any sort of template format or suggested format, or should
> I just start writing text files? I can do html or straight text.
> TeXinfo is beyond me. But I would like to help.
>
> -deborah bennett
> --

I've got a big start on this chapter, and I should be finished with it
by tonight.  I'll mail you a copy (in pidgin SGML so it will probably need to
be refined to look nice when converted to HTML, for example), and you can
maybe merge it with what you've written.  I'm a relative newcomer to
FreeBSD but I had a lot of SunOS experience so reconfiguring the kernel
was something I felt I could write about with authority...

Good to see others are interested in helping along the FreeBSD
documentation!  Expect my draft version later tonight...

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL