Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        kline@tera.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding more swap....

According to Greg Lehey:
> On Tuesday, 27 April 1999 at 13:05:27 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >

> >    I'm about ready to add//replace a drive that wiped out several days
> >    ago.  Can I add swap space on this (3rd) drive?
>
> Sure, as long as you have space on it free.
>
> >    Greg L., unless I misunderstood a recent posting from you, you
> >    suggested that swap space be allocated on each drive...
>
> Well, not exactly.  I said that it's good to spread swap over more
> than one drive, but you don't have to, and it doesn't have to be every
> drive.

	Until I read this I assumed that swap was confined to one
	drive.  Good to know that Unix  (or just BSD?) is so flexible.

	Adding more swap is on my list for the new drive.  (Um, also,
	I've just learned something new for my sysadmin bag of tricks.)

	(I have another modem-type question, but that'll wait until
	I've replaced|rebuilt /usr.)

	gary