Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:02:11 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        rct@gherkin.sa.wlk.com (Bob_Tracy)
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: projected release date of Gibbs/Adaptec driver?

>You may correctly infer from the above that I've managed to get the new
>driver (6.0.9BETA) working with David Hinds' pcmcia-cs package (version
>3.1.24).  Support for the new aic7xxx driver will be in pcmcia-cs-3.1.25,
>so if the driver file layout is going to change significantly in future
>releases, now would be a real good time to say so :-).  For what it's
>worth, the patch sets to install the new driver source tree in the Linux
>2.4.X source distributions are appreciated.

6.1.0 has been released.  I'm not sure what additional patches are
required to make it work with the 1480.  6.1.0 uses the new pci driver
registration mechanism, so it should get called when a 1480 is
inserted.  I've also modloaded the 6.0.8 driver on a laptop without
having to use the old stub stuff.

--
Justin