Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:22:26 +1100
From:      "Steve Hearn"<Steve_Hearn@digicon-brs.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple Bootable FreeBSD Partitions on one disk

Is is possible to have more than one bootable FreeBSD partition on a single
hard drive?

As reported some time back we have experienced quite a number of cases
of 'vanishing' BSD partitions over the past 6 months - this problem as yet
unresolved.
In all cases I've noticed that when there was also a DOS partition on the
disk, that was still OK.

Anyway I was thinking of trying to set up basically a mirrored system - so
that
in the event of a failure I could get the workstation back up on the
'reserve'
partition temporarily. (This would keep the user happy until we could get
access to
fix the corrupt partition.)

I did set up such a beast (ensuring both the root directories were in first
500MB etc)
but although booteasy 'sees' the F1 and F2 options it wont boot from the
latter.

Just wondering if this should be technically possible or not.

Thanks

Steve Hearn
Digicon Geophysical
BRISBANE AUSTRALIA