Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:08:48 -0500
From:      Goblin <h0b_g0blin@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limiting Perl CPU Utilization...

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

#!/bin/nice /usr/bin/perl

As the interpreter line works to give it a +10 nice, at least on linux.
Giving nice arguments seems to bomb. Is anyone else a guru at shabang
sematics?

On 09/27, Chris Cook rearranged the electrons to read:
> Goblin wrote:
> >=20
> > Why not just use nice? It doesn't limit the CPU, really, but makes it
> > easier for other processes to preempt the nicer process.
>=20
> OK, so how would I go about telling the .pl script to run
>=20
> nice -10 /usr/bin/perl /../cgi-bin/atdot/checkmail.pl
>=20
> instead of just /usr/bin/perl /../cgi-bin/atdot/checkmail.pl?
>=20
> Can I specify something at the top of the .pl script where it looks for
> /usr/bin/perl?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> --=20
> Chris
>=20
> |Chris Cook - Admin     | TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |
> |The Computer Works ISP | FreeBSD - http://www.freebsd.org     |
 Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT.  You feel sleepy.  Notice how
 restful it is to watch the cursor blink.  Close your eyes.  The opinions
 stated above are yours.  You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--