Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:44:55 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java and mysql and tomcat

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 03:23 pm, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> I am attempting to find and use a webcalendar and have found one I would
> like to use at sourceforge it says the requirements are this:
>
> Java2Platform SE
> Tomcat
> Mysql
> MM.Mysql
>
> My questions are these, do I need tomcat if I already have apache
> installed? And what is MM.Mysql and is it needed? The description for it
> is a JDBC driver to make the connection between java servlets and the
> MySQL database. Is there a port in FreeBSD for this?
>
> Or does somebody else have a better solution to making a webcalendar
> that sits on a site that can be easily updated.
>
> Any help much appreciated,
>
> Jon

I, would suggest one that uses php4 and mysql or postgresql. I have run across
several during my travels for php scripts.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510