Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:49:49 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, Mirror Beastie <rudi@askas.co.za>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: m$ inbox mail conversion utility

I might be missing the point here, but wouldn't it be easier to get everybody
to:
a) disable receiving in their current mailer (give Outlook a bogus account for
_retreiving_ mail)
b) mail/forward their stuff to their new address
c) fire up their X/Un*x/whatever mailer and download it?

I know it's going to put a _large_ load on the network and servers - but whether
that's an issue or not for you depends on how many users and how much mail - how
much are you talking about? 20 users? 1000? 5000?  Either way I recognise that
it's still far from being a perfect solution...

--
Regards                        |    _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    |   /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."
"Every difficult problem has an obvious solution..."