Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 11:44:54 -0500
From:      "Charles F. Randall" <crandall@dmacc.cc.ia.us>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1-960627-SNAP install quirks

In the express install, I noticed the following quirks:

1) NFS install using de0 device wouldn't work (hung in nslookup
or NFS mount) unless I disabled other devices (not sure which,
I just removed everything I didn't have)

2) Screen saver "Snake" didn't ask for timeout value and timeout
option wasn't selectable. In post-install examination of
/etc/sysconfig, saver="snake" was set, but "blanktime=NO" was
also (net effect, no screen saver).

3) Ntpdate setting of "Other" doesn't stick (isn't shown on
screen as selected) and isn't written to /etc/sysconfig

4) NFS install that misses a set of files (proflib, for example)
doesn't give you a second chance (I think it used to). The old
behavior was nice, because you could go fetch the files on the
NFS server and then try again on the client and it would work.

Keep up the good work,
-Randy

--
Charles F. Randall                 E-mail: crandall@dmacc.cc.ia.us
UNIX Systems Programmer            Voice:  (515) 965-7057