Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:59:08 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        "loren" <lore@phile.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changing a user's UID

At 12.04 28/04/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>  As for Dan's suspect about being a bad idea changing UIDs, I just did a
>> quick search in my Unix manuals and I didn't find nothing. Anyway, me too
>> I'm not an expert at all.
>Think a bit about the files owned by a user who has their UID changed...

  If that's the only problem, it's easy to change ownerships. If you want
to be sure not to miss something, for each user scan the whole system with
find / -uname, chown everything to the new UID, change UID.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it