Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:12:08 +0100
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net-mgmt/icinga2: Icinga Web is not working:  Error: Could not read object configuration data!

--oRp91ajT7xRVOlj/

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 07:55:04PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
>=20
> On CURRENT (most recent), I run net-mgmt/icinga2. Setup ran smooth, I als=
o set up the IDO
> for PostgreSQL. Checking whether icinga2 logs data to the PostgreSQL data=
base resulted
> positive.
>=20
> I try to install/configure a Web Interface a sdescribed in the Icinga2 do=
cs. IDO is a
> prerequiste for Icinga Web (I'm not using Icinga Web 2!).
>=20
> For that purpose, I installed net/mgmt/icinga (which contains the web int=
erface). I made
> the proper changes to /usr/local/etc/icinga/cgi.cfg as reported in this H=
owTo:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-June/093372.html. P=
lease see also
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/icinga2-network-monitoring.47106/. Via
> icinga2-enable-feature I also enabled all requested modules as described =
in the Icinga2
> docs.
>=20
> So far. Having doen EXACTLY as suggested, I do not get any kind of Webint=
erface. The web
> browser (Mozilla Firefox) reports always: Error: Could not read object co=
nfiguration data!
>=20
> There is something missing.
>=20
> Is someone using Icinga2 with the classical Web and has followed these in=
structions and
> gets a different result?
>=20

Hi Oliver,

on a clean system, I just followed (my own) CFT instructions you also
used. I didn't encounter a problem. The only typo in the list is that
this:
cp /usr/local/share/examples/icinga/apache22/icinga.conf-sample /usr/local/=
etc/apache2/Includes/icinga.conf
                                                                           =
         ^^^^
                                                                           =
  should be apache22

Apart from this, there wasn't anything that didn't work. I used
"pkg install apache22 icinga icinga2" though and didn't need to copy the
=2Ecfg-sample file as the icinga port does this by itself now.

Can you please check all file and directory locations you changed in
icinga/cgi.cfg? I guess the "status_file" line leads to a non-existing
status.dat.

Please also CC me on any questions you have regarding icinga[2] and
FreeBSD as I maintain both ports.

Lars

--oRp91ajT7xRVOlj/

--oRp91ajT7xRVOlj/--