Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:52:18 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnome start-up issues

--=-0iGAqXQGrG6bPLEvG61q

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:01 -0500, J. W. Ballantine wrote:
>=20
> It seems I need a little help with getting a backtrace on the
> gnome-vfs-daemon.  If I try to start it by itself, it fails with:
>  Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: Failed to execute dbus-launch to=20
> autolaunch D-Bus session
> expected.

You should be running your gnome-session through dbus-launch.  This
should happen automatically when gnome-session is run.  If you do not
have a dbus-daemon running similar to:

dbus-daemon --fork --print-address 22 --print-pid 24

Then nothing will work correctly.

>=20
> When I startx and then switch to another virtual console, and
> run: gdb /usr/local/libexec/gnome-vfs-daemon and then within gdb
> run bt the response I get is No stack.

That's because the process is not running.  You need to bind gdb to a
running instance of gnome-vfs-daemon.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke