Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:42:32 -0600
From:      "Andrew Lankford" <arlankfo@141.com>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, Greg Lewis <glewis@misty.eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk14 on -current

Yeah, I noticed that problem while attempting to build jdk13
 with hotspot.

BTW, I noticed that "setenv DEBUG_PROG gdb" doesn't work because
of the way DEBUG_PROG is used in the .java_wrapper script:

exec $DEBUG_PROG "$prog" "$vmopt" "$@"

>From a  quick look at the gdb manpage, I understand that gdb
isn't supposed to pass on the values of vmopt and $@ over to
$prog.  Instead it just complains about them and exits.  I
 guess the other alternatives are to create a .gdbinit script
 on the fly or just do a
" shell java YourProblematicJavaProggy " from gdb (neither of
 which help very much with the other problem I've encountered with running jdk13, oh vey ).

Andrew Lankford