Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 02:50:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter>
To:        freebsd-smp
Subject:   cvs commit:  sys/kern init_main.c

peter       96/11/27 02:50:19

  Modified:    kern      init_main.c
  Log:
  Support more than 2 cpu's.  This drives the changes in mpboot.s to
  bring up 'n' cpu's in an orderly fashion.

  NOTE!!  It now enables SMP mode *at boot*!   The sysctl to set
  kern.smp_active to 2 is no longer needed.  Note, the sysctl is still
  respected, so you can lower it to 1 and the AP cpu's will freeze.

  I'm not sure if there are other santity checks to prevent more than 2
  cpu's in the code, I've only tested with 2 and have not looked far yet.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.35      +63 -22    sys/kern/init_main.c